End users have the ability to create Broadcast links and share them with external users. Broadcasting gives external users a way to follow along with the presenter as they share content from the system.
Supported file types
Contact support.mediafly.com to enable Broadcaster. Additional fees may apply.
Keys to success
- Broadcaster is a supplement to your existing screen sharing or teleconference software. Attendees will only be able to see the specific PDF, PPT or Video content that the Broadcaster is displaying on screen.
- Favorite or create a collection of the items you want to present as part of your broadcast to be able to quickly navigate back to the items you'd like to display.
- When you begin playback of a video, we recommend muting the Mediafly video player, and/or mute your own mic.
- Pause the video if you need to speak. Don't talk while you are playing back a video; otherwise your voice will be at the same volume as the video playing back. Best thing to do is hit pause, wait a second or two and then begin talking before resuming.
- Present content from a single Mediafly tab or window in your browser. Using multiple Mediafly tabs to present is not supported.
- Attendees can control Volume and Fullscreen on their Broadcaster session
How to start Broadcasting
To create a Broadcast session:
- Select Broadcaster from the left menu within My Assets
- Select + on the top right
- Name your Broadcast session
- Update your Attendees (Private or Public)
- Customize Waiting Room message and graphics
- Select Close Editor
- Copy URL and share with attendees
- Select Start Broadcasting
Once you start the Broadcast session, a banner will appear to confirm the session is active. Attendees will now be able follow along with you.
Click on the eye icon to view the active attendees
To end the session, select "Stop Broadcast".
Note: specific system limitations exist around usage of Mediafly Broadcaster.
Note: Currently, broadcasting visibly watermarked documents is NOT supported. Only videos support visible watermarks.