End users have the ability to create Broadcast links and share them with external users. Broadcasting gives external users a way to follow along with the presenter as they share content from the system.
Contact support.mediafly.com to enable Broadcaster. Additional fees may apply.
Keys to success
- Broadcaster is a supplement to your existing screen sharing or teleconference software. Attendees will only be able to see the specific content that the Broadcaster is displaying on screen.
- Favorite or create a collection of the items you want to present as part of your broadcast to be able to quickly navigate back to the items you'd like to display.
- When you begin playback of a video, we recommend muting the Mediafly video player, and/or mute your own mic.
- Pause the video if you need to speak. Don't talk while you are playing back a video; otherwise your voice will be at the same volume as the video playing back. Best thing to do is hit pause, wait a second or two and then begin talking before resuming.
- Present content from a single Mediafly tab or window in your browser. Using multiple Mediafly tabs to present is not supported.
- Attendees can control Volume and Fullscreen on their Broadcaster session
How to start Broadcasting
To create a Broadcast session:
- Select Broadcaster from the left menu within My Assets
- Select + on the top right
- Name your Broadcast session
- Update your Attendees (Private or Public)
- Prepare content under Items
- Customize Waiting Room message and graphics (optional)
- Choose or create a Home Page Template (optional)
- Copy URL and share with attendees
- Select Start Broadcasting
Once you start the Broadcast session, a new Broadcaster window will open.
You will be able to see the attendees, navigate to your selected content and end the Broadcast when complete.
Note: specific system limitations exist around usage of Mediafly Broadcaster.
Note: Currently, broadcasting visibly watermarked documents is NOT supported. Only videos support visible watermarks.