Use bulk import when you have multiple users to add or update in Mediafly.
Keys to success
- Know your company code
- Ensure you have Mediafly login credentials
- Prepare your import file using our guidance below
Prepare your bulk import file
Create a new spreadsheet the includes the user details for your bulk import. Your import spreadsheet should have one sheet with no tabs and only include the information to be added/adjusted should be entered.
Use separate columns for each user attribute. Since the column headers are case sensitive, we suggest using the following example headers. The username header is required for every import and is typically the user email address.
Here is an example of bulk import format
Bulk importing users
1. Log in to the Bulk Import Tool
2. After you login you will see the import menu
3. Choose your import file
4. Select the user creation behavior
- Update existing users and create new users: check this if you want the bulk import to create accounts for records identified in the spreadsheet that do not currently exist in the system
- Update existing users only: only update existing users but will not create any new accounts
5. Select notification emails (optional)
- Send welcome email to new users: check this option if you want users that will get created by bulk import to receive a Welcome email
- Send password reset to existing users: check this option if you want users that will get updated to receive password reset emails
6. Submit your import and close the browser window. The request will be processed shortly and should finish within a minute or so, depending on how many accounts are being updated. You will receive an email notification with the confirmation when the processing completes.
Contact our customer care team