Intelligence360 understands that every business works a little differently and that the adaptability of the Platform to your process is paramount in accurately and efficiently analyzing, reporting, and giving insight to your data. If the typical Platform Hierarchy, which includes a CRM User/Manager or User Role Hierarchy, doesn't fit your business model, you can import a CSV to create your own custom hierarchy!
Creating a Custom Hierarchy Instance
1. Go to the hierarchy settings page by clicking here, or navigate to the page by opening the left nav and selecting Settings > Hierarchies > Add
Pro tip: You can repeat this process as many times as you want to create as many custom hierarchies as needed.
2.. Search for and select Custom CRM User Hierarchy, then click next in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Enter a Name for your hierarchy instance and click save.
4. Once saved, enable the definition by toggling the new hierarchy to ON.
(Toggled ON = teal dot with a checkmark, OFF = gray dot.)
Building the CSV for Upload
1. Navigate to the People tab in the left nav
2. Ensure there are no filters applied. (When there are no filters, you'll see a screen like the one below saying "add a new filter or select a saved filter to view data for this report", in this case, we do not want to add any filters before exporting data.)
3. Click Export Data and open the downloaded CSV file, you'll use this file in the next section.
Creating the Hierarchy to Upload to Intelligence360
1. Make a copy of this google sheet.
2. Paste your exported CSV from above into the first sheet of the workbook where indicated below.
3. Navigate to the "email hierarchy" sheet (the second sheet of the workbook).
4. Build your hierarchy! On this sheet, start building your hierarchy by copy and pasting email addresses from the User report sheet into the email and manager email columns.
The "email" column represents a user you want to represent in the hierarchy and the "manager email" column represents the manager for that user.
Note: Every hierarchy needs at least 1 root, this is accomplished by leaving the manager email cell blank for one user (the top of the hierarchy i.e. CEO)
Here is a sample of a valid hierarchy:
5. Navigate to the "Output" sheet
6. Verify that there are no red error cells present like the one below:
7. Export the "Output" Sheet to CSV by selecting File > Download > Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)
Uploading a Hierarchy CSV to Intelligence360
1. Navigate to the hierarchy settings instance we created earlier.
2. Open the Hierarchy CSV Uploader Section and select the .csv file to upload.
3. Save your hierarchy by clicking save in the upper right corner.
4. Preview your hierarchy by using the preview tab.
Enjoy! You can now find your custom hierarchy in the Intelligence360 Hierarchy navigator:
If you run into any issues please contact support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.