Prefer watching a video to reading? Check out our Forecast Segments video here.
If you prefer reading...scroll on!
Segments determine the book of business you're forecasting. They typically follow opportunity types but can be custom fields. Segments can divide your forecasting types by book of business for further insight.
Common Segments include New Business/Renewals, Territory Segments, Opportunity Type, and Commercial/Enterprise. Keep reading to configure or change your Forecast Segments.
Segments typically have specific goals to achieve. For example "I need one million of new logo bookings in Q4". Forecasting allows you to predict whether your team thinks you will hit that goal in advance. Due to this connection to goals, configuring segments is actually done through goals administration.
Configuring Forecast Segments
1. Click here to open the Goals Definition Management page.
2. Select a goal from the list to open an options window
3. Set the standards of goal attainment by clicking on Attainment Filter, then click the + Add Filter button to customize content to filter to be considered in progression to a goal. This is the definition of hitting a goal.
The example below for "bookings" would filter opportunity content by "Is Closed" and "Is Won". The definition of a "booking" is a closed won deal.
4. Configure segments for goals by clicking on Segments.
5. Click the + Add Segment button to add a new segment, or click on an existing segment name to make changes to an existing segment. For each segment, enter a Segment Name and select an Attainment Date from the Attainment Date dropdown menu.
6. Click on the + Add Filter button to add a filter(s) to further define your segment.
(To delete a segment, hover over the segment name and click the x that appears to the right of the name.)
7. Click Save.
If you run into any issues, please contact support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.