Intelligence360 supports automatically syncing email and meeting activity to opportunity and account records.
Here are the recommended steps to deploy Intelligence360 Activity Sync:
Determine what activity you would like to sync (email, meetings, or both)
Create a custom property "Sync Source" in Salesforce on Tasks to allow Intelligence360 to filter duplicate records and enable reporting
Step 1: Determine what activity you would like to sync (Salesforce API capacity planning)
Many teams sync meetings to accounts and email and meetings to opportunity records. Intelligence360 can sync each email message (inbound or outbound) that includes a contact in Salesforce (excluding team domains).
This means it is possible to sync the same meeting to both the account record and any relevant opportunities.
Admins can use Intelligence360's Activity Leaderboard to review the amount of activity their team is generating, and make estimates of the required API usage to sync the content to salesforce.
Each piece of content synced to Salesforce will take 2 API calls at a minimum. One to verify the status, and the second to create the content.
- Sync Meeting to Account Task
- Sync Email to Account Task
- Sync Meeting to Opportunity Task
- Sync Email to Opportunity Task
Intelligence360 will sync the MOST RECENT email of any thread for each open opportunity, and then incrementally sync all messages (to/from) going forward.
Step 2: Create a custom activity property "Sync Source" to filter duplicate content and enable reporting
- Go to Salesforce Object Manager (Lightning - Setup > Objects and Fields > Object manager); OR, Activity Custom Fields (Classic - Setup > Customize -> Activities > Activity Custom Fields)
- Search for "activity", and select the Activity label
- Go to Fields and Relationships (sidebar), and select NEW
- Data Type = Text, click NEXT
- Field Label = Sync Source
Length = 20
Field Name = Sync_Source
- All of the Field-Level Security settings should be set to Visible, click Next
- Both Add Field checkboxes should be selected by default, click Save
- To verify Sync Source was added to Salesforce, navigate to the New Task page and verify the Sync Source field appears.
Step 3: Map Sync Source in Intelligence360
- Navigate to Salesforce Content Settings, search for & select Salesforce Task
From the pop-up menu, select Content Properties and click NEW
- Hover over Sync Source in Intelligence360 and click edit to open the property mapping window, configure the following settings:
Property Name - syncSource
Type - String
Source Property - Salesforce API name for the property
Select Enabled, Searchable, and Writable from the available options
Enabled - Intelligence360 will collect this data
Searchable - Intelligence360 will search this data (not recommended for anything but strings)
Writable - Intelligence360 can update this property from Actions
When finished, click the DONE button to save and close.
- Next, click on the Content Filters tab, then click New
- In the pop-up screen, enter
" if task.syncSource matches Intelligence360 "
- Click DONE to save and close
- Confirm your new Content Filter was added to Intelligence360
Step 4: Enable Actions and update the action definition to add Sync Source
IMPORTANT: Make sure you re-enable Intelligence360 Predict.
- Go Settings > Actions > + New Action
- Search for "Sync" and select the action you wish to enable, then click Next
- In the Prompt section and add Sync Source to Intelligence360 (click here for more details on configuring the Prompt)
- Next, go to the Audience section and make appropriate changes. Intelligence360 will sync emails as the account or opportunity owner by default, but you have other options in the Audience section (click here for more details on configuring the Audience)
- Save. You have now enabled the Intelligence360's Activity Sync.
If you run into any issues, please contact support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.