Updating content is one of the first tasks you will complete when setting up your Mediafly app. Content can be updated in Airship (also referred to as content management), or directly in Viewer. Most of your users will have access to Viewer and limited access to Airship depending on the permissions granted.
Updating files in Airship gives the users more control to update the file itself. Users may update files individually, or if similar changes are to be applied to several items, users may update them in bulk. To update an item in Airship, do the following:
1. Log in to Viewer.
2. Navigate to the file that you want to update and click on the button of the item. Click on View Details. In this example, the Mediafly & Outlook is selected.
3. The item details is displayed. Update the fields on the Info tab, the Comment & Notes tab, the Related Content tab, Shares tab, Feedback tab, and/or the Collaborate tab.
4. Once updated click on the Save button to save the settings.
The Info sections provides several sections with fields that allow you to add more information or set new parameters in your item. Depending on the type of item selected, certain fields, options, and sections may not appear as it is not applicable to the item.
The following are the sections may be used to update the item:
- Title: Use this to update the title of the content.
- Description: Use this to update the description is used to provide more details beyond the title
- Status Label: Use this to update the status label of the content.
- Keywords: Use this to update the keywords that is used to determine the with content organization and search results of the item.
- Default Zoom Mod:- Use this to set the initial zoom mode of the item upon opening it in Viewer.
- Promoted Content flag: Use this to set if the item will appear at the top of the search result.
- Mark as Template flag: Use this to identify the item as a template. For more information on the uses of marking an item as a Template, read Creating personalized content using a Template.
- Fixed Page Order flag: Use this to set if the user cannot reorder or remove pages of an item in a collection.
The thumbnail section allows you to set a thumbnail for the item that is shown on the page. The system automatically generates a thumbnail for certain files that has an image such as powerpoint files, videos, and other image types. You also have the option to change the thumbnail image. The following options are available to change the image:
- Uploading an image from your computer
- Pick from Thumbnail Library
- Import from URL
Note: Image file types do not have the Change Thumbnail or Pick a page from the document options.
The custom field section allows users to modify the custom fields of the item. Custom fields can be used for a variety of purposes like extensions, integrations, faceted search, and more. For more information about custom fields and how to add it, read the Managing Environment Settings article.
This section provides the Release Date and the Archive Date field.
- Release Date: Set a release date to hide content from end users until a desired date.
- Archive Date: Set an archive date to remove content from the end user view on a desired date.
This section provides the Hide Viewer Bottom Bar field which hides the bottom bar when viewing the document in Viewer.
Comments & Notes
The Comments & Notes tab is used to add comments and notes about the item. For more information about Comments & Notes, see the Comments & Notes article.
This tab displays all related content of the item.
Check out Viewing Related Content recommendations and Creating dynamic sets of content with Search Results for more information on how to optimize related content.
The Shares tab is used for you to create share links, emails, and more for your item.
For more information about creating Shares, read this article: Sharing content and track engagement with Mediafly.
The feedback tab allows users to send feedback on all shared items so that the content managers can update and improve their content based on the feedbacks of those who viewed the item.
For more information about how to set or provide feedback, read this article Feedback.
The Collaborate tab allows you to create collaborations with other users who will gain shared access to the item. For more information about creating collaborations, check out Collaborate in Mediafly.
If you run into any issues, please contact support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.