In organizations of every size, people’s roles change and people depart. When that happens, the various content and shares that the user owned and created may need to be reassigned. The user may have created My Items, Workspaces, Collections, and share links, and that content may be used in critical areas of the organization and should not be deactivated or abandoned. Transferring these items to another user allows the content to stay where it's needed in your organization.
🔐Admin Only 🔐
1. To access transfer go to Users & Groups > User Management > Select User
2. Click Transfer Content Ownership
3. Select the user you want to transfer ownership to; use type ahead to search for the desired user, then select from the populated list.
4. A warning label will appear to protect your content and ensure you want to make this change; "Are you sure you want to transfer ownership? This action transfers all Collections, My Items, Share Links and Workspaces from one user to another. This action cannot be undone." Followed by a visualization of the name you're transferring from to the name you're transferring to. If you want to proceed, click Transfer.
Mediafly will start a background job to migrate all Collections, Workspaces, My Items, and Shares that are owned by original user to the destination user. Upon completion of the transfer, an email is sent to both the origin and the target.
- This transfer does not explicitly change permission assignments in the hierarchy
- Analytics: When an item changes from User A to User B, User B will be considered the owner from the date of the transfer.
If you run into issues, please contact support.